Monday 27 June 2016

Is Messi retiring....?

Crying Lionel Messi: Another nightmare 

Lionel Messi, the five-time FIFA World Player of the Year, has announced his retirement from international football after Argentina lost the second Copa America title to Chile in two years.

"It's not meant for me. For me the national team is over. I've done all I can, it hurts not to be a champion," the 29- year-old said after defeat by Chile at the Copa America.

With Barcelona, Messi has won eight La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues.

"For me the national team is over. I've done all I can. It hurts not to be a champion," the 29-year-old Barcelona superstar told reporters on Sunday after his fourth defeat in a major final with Argentina.

Chile beat Argentina in the final for the second straight year, 4-2 in the penalty shootout following a 0-0 tie that ended an expanded 16-nation edition in the US to mark the championship's 100th anniversary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly welcome