Friday 2 September 2016

Serena Williams Cruises Into Third Round At U.S. Open With Milestone Win


Serena Williams is tied with Steffi Graf for most Grand Slam tittles in the Open era, and Thursday night she equaled another legend for most match wins by a female player at the major tournaments.
Williams was strong, if not her best, in a 6-3, 6-3 victory over fellow American Vania King, earning her 306th career win at a Grand Slam. That tally pulled her even with Martina Navratilova, who was 306-49 during her career at the majors.

"I feel like I made a lot of errors," said Williams, who appeared frustrated at times in the match. "What really matters is I got the win. Hopefully I'll just get better."

Williams said her shoulder, which forced her out of Cincinnati two weeks ago, is now "stable. ... I just got to keep it like that.”"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly welcome